POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : How do I... : Re: How do I... Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:28:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How do I...
From: Leroy
Date: 26 Jun 2007 23:08:26
Message: <4681D3BC.5020401@joplin.com>
sumdumguy wrote:
> I just did a rough calculation and I need about 200 of these "tentacles".
> So it's not as bad as I thought but still very painful. Any automation tool
> would be good to know about.

I'm sorry I should have said let pov make and move the "tentacles" for
you using "sphere_sweep". (Like Alain's thoughts below)
"By Hand" has come to mean to me ,I know it's wrong :( , using POV to
make something. I'll try to do better. :)

You set up an array or arrays for a default "sphere_sweep" to get the
length and shape you want then deform that array for each tentacle and
place it on your tube.