POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : drawing a grid on playing board Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:20:12 EDT (-0400)
  drawing a grid on playing board (Message 1 to 10 of 11)
From: lifesayko
Subject: drawing a grid on playing board
Date: 1 Apr 2006 16:00:01
Message: <web.442ee8bad3817ddd2f37ecc90@news.povray.org>
Hi,
I'm new to raytracing, and I'm trying to make a WeiQi set, more commonly
known as "go": http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Go_%28board_game%29
   For the board I need to make a 19x19 grid on top of it, and I was
wondering how I could do this.
I thought of making rectangles with very very low height, but this seems
more of a loophole...  is there a way to have have it "drawn" onto the
board, other than creating a texture somehow and putting that on? (would
that even work?)

thanks in advance

Post a reply to this message

"lifesayko" <lif### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm new to raytracing, and I'm trying to make a WeiQi set, more commonly
> known as "go": http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Go_%28board_game%29
>    For the board I need to make a 19x19 grid on top of it, and I was
> wondering how I could do this.
> I thought of making rectangles with very very low height, but this seems
> more of a loophole...  is there a way to have have it "drawn" onto the
> board, other than creating a texture somehow and putting that on? (would
> that even work?)
>
> thanks in advance

I am also new to POV-RAY but i think that you might be able to use the brick
texture. I am not totally sure on this but it says that it makes a brick
with mortar, which sounds like what you want. You could use a wood texture
and a black pigment to make it. just experiment with that a little.

Post a reply to this message