POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : drawing a grid on playing board : Re: drawing a grid on playing board Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:16:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: drawing a grid on playing board
From: Warp
Date: 13 Apr 2006 04:01:32
Message: <443e055c@news.povray.org>
wayne461 <wde### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
> I say the easiest thing is to go over to POV-Objects page and get the Go
> game that someone alreasy made and reverse engineer it to learn how it was
> made and tweak it to suit you.

  The easiest? On what do you base that claim?

  In your opinion instead of reading a clear explanation in English how
people have done it, it's easier to take someone's code, decipher it
("reverse engineer") and try to copy it?

  I disagree. Understanding someone else's code is always much more
difficult than understanding that someone else's clear explanation of
how he has done it.
  Of course trying to understand someone else's code is *one* way of
doing it, but in no way the *easiest* way.

--
                                                          - Warp