POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : just one color:( Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:20:42 EDT (-0400)
  just one color:( (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: roelof
Subject: just one color:(
Date: 18 Mar 2005 10:45:01
Message: <web.423af68f3872ef7ea8399d8d0@news.povray.org>
Hi,
I have a problem im trying to get a texure on this texure map.

if created a png image to show what i want to see and what i dont want to
see.
on the bits i do show i want a some sort of rusty texure if created(far from
perfect yet)
but it only seems to show the red whit not a single bit of grey.
i know its not the texure itself because it does work on a normal box.
could anybody tell me what im doing wrong

//////this is the texure

#declare metal_roest =
      pigment {
        granite
        color_map {
         [0.0 rgb < 0.5, 0.5, 0.5> ]
         [0.4 rgb < 0.5, 0.5, 0.5> ]
         [1.0 rgb < 0.5, 0, 0> ]
        }
     frequency 1
        scale <30,10,30>
      }

//////and this the cylinder whit the image pattern and texure map

#declare huis_buitenkant_onder =
difference{
  cylinder { <0, 0,0>, <0,100,0>, 50 }
  cylinder { <0,-1,0>, <0,101,0>, 49.5 }
  no_shadow
  texture {
    image_pattern { png "mask.png" use_color interpolate 2 map_type 2 once}
    texture_map {
      [0 pigment { transmit 1 } ]
      [1  metal_roest]//color rgb < 100/255 , 100/255 , 100/255>}]
    }
    scale 100
  }
  rotate y*225
}

roelof

Post a reply to this message

>I have a problem im trying to get a texure on this texure map.
>
>if created a png image to show what i want to see and what i dont want to
>see.
>on the bits i do show i want a some sort of rusty texure if created(far from
>perfect yet)
>but it only seems to show the red whit not a single bit of grey.
>i know its not the texure itself because it does work on a normal box.
>could anybody tell me what im doing wrong

The "metal_roest" is being affected by the "scale 100" that applies to
the texture map, and you're seeing a tiny bit of that pattern that just
happens to be all red. Scale it back down by a factor of 100 and you'll
see the grey bits.

      [1 pigment {metal_roest scale 0.01} ]

--
Mike Williams
Gentleman of Leisure

Post a reply to this message

Mike Williams <nos### [at] econymdemoncouk> wrote:
> Wasn't it roelof who wrote:
> >Hi,
> >I have a problem im trying to get a texure on this texure map.
> >
> >if created a png image to show what i want to see and what i dont want to
> >see.
> >on the bits i do show i want a some sort of rusty texure if created(far from
> >perfect yet)
> >but it only seems to show the red whit not a single bit of grey.
> >i know its not the texure itself because it does work on a normal box.
> >could anybody tell me what im doing wrong
>
> The "metal_roest" is being affected by the "scale 100" that applies to
> the texture map, and you're seeing a tiny bit of that pattern that just
> happens to be all red. Scale it back down by a factor of 100 and you'll
> see the grey bits.
>
>       [1 pigment {metal_roest scale 0.01} ]
>
> --
> Mike Williams
> Gentleman of Leisure

thanks!!
that what the exact problem but i didnt tought it would be so easy
why dindt i see that:P

roelof

Post a reply to this message

> Mike Williams <nos### [at] econymdemoncouk> wrote:
>
>>Wasn't it roelof who wrote:
>>
>>>Hi,
>>>I have a problem im trying to get a texure on this texure map.
>>>
>>>if created a png image to show what i want to see and what i dont want to
>>>see.
>>>on the bits i do show i want a some sort of rusty texure if created(far from
>>>perfect yet)
>>>but it only seems to show the red whit not a single bit of grey.
>>>i know its not the texure itself because it does work on a normal box.
>>>could anybody tell me what im doing wrong
>>
>>The "metal_roest" is being affected by the "scale 100" that applies to
>>the texture map, and you're seeing a tiny bit of that pattern that just
>>happens to be all red. Scale it back down by a factor of 100 and you'll
>>see the grey bits.
>>
>>      [1 pigment {metal_roest scale 0.01} ]
>>
>>--
>>Mike Williams
>>Gentleman of Leisure
>

> thanks!!
> that what the exact problem but i didnt tought it would be so easy
> why dindt i see that:P
>
> roelof

too close to the problem ?

stephen