POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Can't Access Certain Commands in Tools Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:11:41 EDT (-0400)
  Can't Access Certain Commands in Tools (Message 28 to 37 of 47)
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Subject: Re: Can't Access Certain Commands in Tools
Date: 23 May 2004 13:42:36
Message: <40b0e28c@news.povray.org>
In article <web.40afc50027c58a6ad5551b880@news.povray.org> , "CFM"
<nomail@nomail> wrote:

> OK, I think I spotted the problem. I couldn't understand you. I assumed the
> version of POV-ray I'm using rendered all the pics in one file:
> clockdemo.pov. Instead, my program rendered each picture and automatically
> stored them in a separate FOLDER somewhere else.

Well, that implies you didn't pay attention to the installer when it asked
you if you want your files stored there.  Of course, the documentation also
tells you where the files go.  It would be a really good idea to read it!
POV-Ray doesn't include over 800 letter-size pages of documentation for
decorative purposes only ;-)

    Thorsten

Post a reply to this message

> > OK, I think I spotted the problem. I couldn't understand you. I assumed the
> > version of POV-ray I'm using rendered all the pics in one file:
> > clockdemo.pov. Instead, my program rendered each picture and automatically
> > stored them in a separate FOLDER somewhere else.
>
> Well, that implies you didn't pay attention to the installer when it asked
> you if you want your files stored there.  Of course, the documentation also
> tells you where the files go.  It would be a really good idea to read it!
> POV-Ray doesn't include over 800 letter-size pages of documentation for
> decorative purposes only ;-)
>
>     Thorsten

Bit of a thought on this.. Has anyone ever considered providing a
separate 'Animation_File=' option, so you can redirect frames of
animations to a specific place? Like I pointed out to CFM, if you first
run the animation without animation options, it will produce a clock=0
image, so when most programs are asked to generate a movie from them it
incorrectly duplicates the first frame. Having frames from animation be
optionally placed in a separate location, when animation is turned on,
would make things simpler. Especially since you could easily delete the
contents of that directory when finished with them, without worrying
about deleting all your other images along with the animation frames. It
imho doesn't make a lot of sense for them to end up in the same place as
still images.

--
void main () {

    call functional_code()