POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Can't Access Certain Commands in Tools : Re: Can't Access Certain Commands in Tools Server Time
30 Jul 2024 20:30:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Can't Access Certain Commands in Tools
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 26 May 2004 22:38:03
Message: <MPG.1b1f01ec6ff7bafb989a59@news.povray.org>
In article <web.40b3caec27c58a6a2a98a28a0@news.povray.org>, nomail@nomail
says...
> > > Well, I went to the TMPGEnc file, and went to the Select Source File window,
> > > clicked the browse button next to the Video File box, and entered
> > > clockdemo00 into the open box. I clicked Open, but got an error window
> > > saying, "Invalid Video Source." What did I miss?
> > >

> > Did you actually go to the right directory and click on the file to
> > select it? If not then it won't automatically add .bmp to the end. You
> > have to tell it the 'full' name, not just 'clockdemo00'. If that isn't
> > the problem.. Then I have no idea, unless the files are something TMPGEnc
> > doesn't recognize. If they are .BMP then it should not be a problem. If
> > they are .PNG, then you need the plugin I mentioned before. If something
> > else, then you may need to tell POV-Ray to output in a different format.
> > but the key issue here is it needs to know both the directory and the
> > 'complete' file name to look for, so actually browsing to that directory
> > and clicking on the files is probably safer than typing it in.
>
> I went to the POVimages folder to open it up, so I must have gone to the
> right folder. Furthermore, I checked the properties of clockdemo00 to find
> that it is indeed a bmp file. I added .bmp extention to clockdemo00 in the
> TMPGEnc Open box, but still I got an "Invalid Video Source" window. I don't
> know what to do, now. And browsing is what I did to find the directory.
>
> Also, did you imply that I'm to program TMPGEnc to find the correct
> directory and file name rather than program POV-ray to do this?

Hmm. No, I mean that when you click browse, you can't just type the name
in and have TMPGEnc know where to find it, it will look in 'its' default
folder, not "POVimages". You have to actually click through the file
dialog until you are in the right directory and select the file from
there. I assume this is likely what you are doing wrong, but I can't be
sure. If not, then I haven't a clue. BMPs are one of the default files it
should read. I suspect that it is actually incorrectly saying "Invalid
Video Source", when it *should* be saying "File Not Found". If you don't
see the bmp files in the file list or "POVimages" in the box at the top
left, then you are not pointing TMPGEnc to the right place to find them.

--
void main () {

    call functional_code()
  else