POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Can't Access Certain Commands in Tools : Re: Can't Access Certain Commands in Tools Server Time
30 Jul 2024 20:28:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Can't Access Certain Commands in Tools
From: CFM
Date: 25 May 2004 18:40:01
Message: <web.40b3caec27c58a6a2a98a28a0@news.povray.org>
> > Well, I went to the TMPGEnc file, and went to the Select Source File window,
> > clicked the browse button next to the Video File box, and entered
> > clockdemo00 into the open box. I clicked Open, but got an error window
> > saying, "Invalid Video Source." What did I miss?
> >

> Did you actually go to the right directory and click on the file to
> select it? If not then it won't automatically add .bmp to the end. You
> have to tell it the 'full' name, not just 'clockdemo00'. If that isn't
> the problem.. Then I have no idea, unless the files are something TMPGEnc
> doesn't recognize. If they are .BMP then it should not be a problem. If
> they are .PNG, then you need the plugin I mentioned before. If something
> else, then you may need to tell POV-Ray to output in a different format.
> but the key issue here is it needs to know both the directory and the
> 'complete' file name to look for, so actually browsing to that directory
> and clicking on the files is probably safer than typing it in.

I went to the POVimages folder to open it up, so I must have gone to the
right folder. Furthermore, I checked the properties of clockdemo00 to find
that it is indeed a bmp file. I added .bmp extention to clockdemo00 in the
TMPGEnc Open box, but still I got an "Invalid Video Source" window. I don't
know what to do, now. And browsing is what I did to find the directory.

Also, did you imply that I'm to program TMPGEnc to find the correct
directory and file name rather than program POV-ray to do this?