POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Gaussian blur (PSF) Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:16:19 EDT (-0400)
  Gaussian blur (PSF) (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: Omega
Subject: Gaussian blur (PSF)
Date: 18 Nov 2003 11:10:01
Message: <web.3fba444a555a70536b7c745d0@news.povray.org>
Hi all

Another question..

I used to generate images using a home-made C++ application, in which I was
able to simulate a Point-Spread-Function (doing a convolution with a square
kernel of a gaussian form).

In other words: when I was done constructing my image, all I needed to do is
to build a square kernel, say 5x5 pixels, filling it with a gaussian form.
Then, I applied this kernel to the image using convolution. This way, I
could achieve to simulate a blurring effect.

My question is, can PovRay do something like that? I thought of the
"focal_blur" keyword.. is it gaussian? is there a way to create our own
kernel?

Thanks!
O.

Post a reply to this message