POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Gaussian blur (PSF) : Re: Gaussian blur (PSF) Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:19:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Gaussian blur (PSF)
From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Date: 18 Nov 2003 11:48:33
Message: <3fba4d61$1@news.povray.org>
> My question is, can PovRay do something like that? I thought of the
> "focal_blur" keyword.. is it gaussian? is there a way to create our own
> kernel?

focal_blur is actually like a focal lense: some things will be in focus, and
some won't. This depends on the aperture value, and the overall quality
depends on several things: how close/far the objects are and how many
blur_samples you use. Gaussian-Blur, used for the entire image, can be
achieved with MegaPOV, if I'm not mistaken. But why would you want to blur
your image anyway?

--
"Tim Nikias v2.0"
Homepage: <http://www.nolights.de>