POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Gaussian blur (PSF) : Re: Gaussian blur (PSF) Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:17:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Gaussian blur (PSF)
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 18 Nov 2003 14:12:32
Message: <cjameshuff-EF2BE6.14091818112003@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <web.3fba5aa51a62f81d6b7c745d0@news.povray.org>,
 "Omega" <nomail@nomail> wrote:

> >achieved with MegaPOV, if I'm not mistaken. But why would you want to blur
> >your image anyway?
>
> To simulate the PSF of a lens.

With a 2D blur? In POV? Why?
A gaussian convolution blur won't be a very good approximation in the
first place, and I'm really wondering why you would want to do it in
POV, which although not designed for light simulation, has features that
would allow much better approximations to be done...such as actually
simulating the light traveling through the lens.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/