POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Fonts for Text Object in the Windows 98 version... Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:22:29 EDT (-0400)
  Fonts for Text Object in the Windows 98 version... (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Simon Brouillard
Subject: Fonts for Text Object in the Windows 98 version...
Date: 25 Apr 2006 13:15:00
Message: <web.444e58e82020f9f1ce0990550@news.povray.org>
Le 25-04-06

POV-Ray

A solution for text object... for Windows 98 users

If we want to use text object with other fonts than those
included with software, we have just to copy fonts from
Windows ...SYSTEMFONTS*.TTF to your POV-Ray directory
.... POV-Ray for Windows v3.6include*.TTF

It give us a lot of beautiful characters for our 3D letters.

Thanks a lot.

Simon Brouillard
sim### [at] voilafr

http://simon.brouillard3.ifrance.com/index.html

Post a reply to this message

>A solution for text object... for Windows 98 users
>
>If we want to use text object with other fonts than those
>included with software, we have just to copy fonts from
>Windows ...SYSTEMFONTS*.TTF to your POV-Ray directory
>.... POV-Ray for Windows v3.6include*.TTF
>
>It give us a lot of beautiful characters for our 3D letters.

Rather than copying the font files, you can just tell POV-Ray where to
find them. Add this line to your master povray.ini file ("Edit master
POVRAY.INI" in the "Tools" menu).

Library_Path="C:\WINDOWS\Fonts"

When POV-Ray can't find a file in the current directory, it searches for
it in the Library_Paths.

--
Mike Williams
Gentleman of Leisure

Post a reply to this message

Mike Williams nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 25/04/2006 16:19:
> Wasn't it Simon Brouillard who wrote:
>
>>Le 25-04-06
>>
>>POV-Ray
>>
>>A solution for text object... for Windows 98 users
>>
>>If we want to use text object with other fonts than those
>>included with software, we have just to copy fonts from
>>Windows ...SYSTEMFONTS*.TTF to your POV-Ray directory
>>.... POV-Ray for Windows v3.6include*.TTF
>>
>>It give us a lot of beautiful characters for our 3D letters.
>

> Rather than copying the font files, you can just tell POV-Ray where to
> find them. Add this line to your master povray.ini file ("Edit master
> POVRAY.INI" in the "Tools" menu).
>
> Library_Path="C:\WINDOWS\Fonts"
>
> When POV-Ray can't find a file in the current directory, it searches for
> it in the Library_Paths.

Save disk space. NO risk of accidently uninstalling font. Default action when draging
from that
folder is to "Uninstall Font", regardless of the destination.

--
Alain
Fine day to work off excess energy.  Steal something heavy.

Post a reply to this message

From: Leroy
Date: 26 Apr 2006 00:56:47
Message: <444EFD8B.7070205@joplin.com>
Mike Williams wrote:
> Rather than copying the font files, you can just tell POV-Ray where to
> find them. Add this line to your master povray.ini file ("Edit master
> POVRAY.INI" in the "Tools" menu).
>
> Library_Path="C:\WINDOWS\Fonts"

  Good idea. You can also create your own ini file and use
'EditSettings/Render' in the 'Render' menu.
  I got a lot of font files, to many to remember them all.
So I made a text file with all font names. Then made a POV file to show
all the fonts and saved the image. Now if I need text in a scene I can
see what I have or just read though the text file.