POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Fonts for Text Object in the Windows 98 version... : Re: Fonts for Text Object in the Windows 98 version... Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:13:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fonts for Text Object in the Windows 98 version...
From: Leroy
Date: 26 Apr 2006 00:56:47
Message: <444EFD8B.7070205@joplin.com>
Mike Williams wrote:
> Rather than copying the font files, you can just tell POV-Ray where to
> find them. Add this line to your master povray.ini file ("Edit master
> POVRAY.INI" in the "Tools" menu).
>
> Library_Path="C:\WINDOWS\Fonts"

  Good idea. You can also create your own ini file and use
'EditSettings/Render' in the 'Render' menu.
  I got a lot of font files, to many to remember them all.
So I made a text file with all font names. Then made a POV file to show
all the fonts and saved the image. Now if I need text in a scene I can
see what I have or just read though the text file.