POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Fonts for Text Object in the Windows 98 version... : Re: Fonts for Text Object in the Windows 98 version... Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:23:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fonts for Text Object in the Windows 98 version...
From: Mike Williams
Date: 25 Apr 2006 16:19:10
Message: <SPRXMNA2QoTEFwwy@econym.demon.co.uk>
Wasn't it Simon Brouillard who wrote:
>Le 25-04-06
>
>POV-Ray
>
>A solution for text object... for Windows 98 users
>
>If we want to use text object with other fonts than those
>included with software, we have just to copy fonts from
>Windows ...SYSTEMFONTS*.TTF to your POV-Ray directory
>.... POV-Ray for Windows v3.6include*.TTF
>
>It give us a lot of beautiful characters for our 3D letters.

Rather than copying the font files, you can just tell POV-Ray where to
find them. Add this line to your master povray.ini file ("Edit master
POVRAY.INI" in the "Tools" menu).

Library_Path="C:\WINDOWS\Fonts"

When POV-Ray can't find a file in the current directory, it searches for
it in the Library_Paths.

--
Mike Williams
Gentleman of Leisure