POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : sun Server Time
1 May 2024 17:47:04 EDT (-0400)
  sun (Message 1 to 10 of 11)
From: folkert
Subject: sun
Date: 12 Aug 2011 12:40:00
Message: <web.4e45569e51b4cef7e70ca0910@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I'm trying to render my appartment is realistic as possible. So for that I put a
huge sun above it:

// distance: 150.000.000km, diameter 1.932.000km
light_source { <0, 15000000000000, 0> color White
                area_light <193200000000, 0, 0>, <0, 0, 193200000000>, 5, 5
adaptive 1 jitter
                looks_like {
                        sphere { <0, 15000000000000 + 193200000000 / 2, 0>,
193200000000/2 pigment { color rgb<0.85,1.0,0.85> } }
                }
}

please note that 15... above (and the 1932 of course) are in cm.

I also added a sky_sphere.

The complete scene is at http://vanheusden.com/pov/flat.zip

Now the main room (render the test.pov for that) is rather dark. Much darker
then  it was in reality. Of course I could add an extra light just before the
window but that's faking it too much.
What would be the solution?

Thanks!

Post a reply to this message