POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : sun : Re: sun Server Time
16 May 2024 02:55:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: sun
From: folkert
Date: 14 Aug 2011 07:00:00
Message: <web.4e47a9ee9449a1f5e70ca0910@news.povray.org>
> always_sample off (new default, always recomended for any scene)
> nearest_count 20 (to average more samples, maximum value)
> pretrace_end 0.005 (or lower: 0.0025 or 0.00125)
> minimum_reuse slightly lower than pretrace_end
> Increase the count value.
> #default { radiosity { importance 0.1 } }

Ok now I've got:
global_settings {
        radiosity {
                brightness 2.2
                count 500
                error_bound 0.15
                gray_threshold 0.0
                low_error_factor 0.2
                nearest_count 20
                adc_bailout 0.01
                max_sample -1.0
                media off
                normal off
                always_sample off
                pretrace_start 0.08
                pretrace_end 0.00125
                minimum_reuse 0.00120
        }
}
#default {finish{ambient 0} radiosity { importance 0.1 } }

> radiosity { importance 1 }

And I also added that to my window-definitions.

Will restart the rendercluster!

> You are beter to use version 3.7 and use the +hr flag specialy for your
> animations.
> Version 3.7 RC3 have beter radiosity with many bugs corrected, can use
> all present cores, have beter focal blur handling and is frequently
> faster than 3.6.1.

Yes, I'm using that version. Especially as it uses multiple cores.

Thanks a lot Alain!