POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : sun : Re: sun Server Time
1 Jul 2024 01:41:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: sun
From: folkert
Date: 13 Aug 2011 15:50:01
Message: <web.4e46d4b89449a1f5e70ca0910@news.povray.org>
> Please read this FAQ:
>    http://wiki.povray.org/content/Knowledgebase:Misconceptions#Topic_6
>
> Bring your light source in much closer, and scale down the diameter of the Sun
> accordingly.  If you use the parallel keyword, then it won't make a difference
> how far away the light_source is for illumination (although it might affect the
> looks_like if it isn't sufficiently far away).  Try this:
> According to my source, the Sun's diameter is 1,390,000 km.  Also note that the
> distance from the Earth to the Sun varies slightly over the course of a year.

> Why is your Sun's looks_like light green?

Ehr that should've been yellow :-)

Thank you all for your explanations!

It all looks really nice now.

Now I'm fighting with animating it. That works but there are spots (e.g.
corners) that flicker while moving. I think it has to do with the radiation
element. I took care of the photo-mapping (in first scene do a save and do a
load in all other frames)

http://vps001.vanheusden.com/~folkert/output.avi