POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : "Cannot open output file" Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:26:07 EDT (-0400)
  "Cannot open output file" (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Blayd
Subject: "Cannot open output file"
Date: 22 May 2008 17:20:00
Message: <web.4835e34b9f9519fff51b2e730@news.povray.org>
Hello all,
I have used POV in the past...a learner if you will, but I am now installed on a
new system, Vista 64, I installed POV for windows 64, opened it, went to run the
very first demo scene just to see how the system does compared to my old system,
and I get a Parse error, " Cannot open output file". POV installed into my
programs on my C drive in the 64 bit programs folder like it should, all
related folders appear to be there too.... not quite sure what the problem
could be, I unrestricted I/O. Anyone have some suggestions? The INI file has
the path as 1=%installedir%\Renderer\Rerun.
Thanks in advanced!

Post a reply to this message

> I have used POV in the past...a learner if you will, but I am now
> installed on a
> new system, Vista 64, I installed POV for windows 64, opened it, went to
> run the
> very first demo scene just to see how the system does compared to my old
> system,
> and I get a Parse error, " Cannot open output file". POV installed into my
> programs on my C drive in the 64 bit programs folder like it should, all
> related folders appear to be there too.... not quite sure what the problem
> could be, I unrestricted I/O. Anyone have some suggestions? The INI file
> has
> the path as 1=%installedir%\Renderer\Rerun.
> Thanks in advanced!

I don't have Vista, but I think I've read in previous postings that there
are various problems where Vista secures bits and pieces that Windows has
never secured before.

I couldn't find the thread that I was thinking of, but I came across this
one where the last 8 responses could be of interest to you. The key seems to
be not to install it in the default location, which write protects a whole
load of things that stop POV-Ray working:

http://news.povray.org/povray.windows/thread/%3Cweb.462601924b1ad72e11d42ae90%40news.povray.org%3E/?mtop=242839&moff=20

Regards,
Chris B.

Post a reply to this message