POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : "Cannot open output file" : Re: "Cannot open output file" Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:28:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: "Cannot open output file"
From: Alain
Date: 23 May 2008 15:23:40
Message: <483719bc$1@news.povray.org>
Blayd nous illumina en ce 2008-05-22 17:19 -->
> Hello all,
> I have used POV in the past...a learner if you will, but I am now installed on a
> new system, Vista 64, I installed POV for windows 64, opened it, went to run the
> very first demo scene just to see how the system does compared to my old system,
> and I get a Parse error, " Cannot open output file". POV installed into my
> programs on my C drive in the 64 bit programs folder like it should, all
> related folders appear to be there too.... not quite sure what the problem
> could be, I unrestricted I/O. Anyone have some suggestions? The INI file has
> the path as 1=%installedir%\Renderer\Rerun.
> Thanks in advanced!

On Vista, it _should'nt_ be installed in the programms folder, BUT into a custom
folder somewhere else. That's because the programms folder is "protected" and
you are prevented from writing there most of the time. For example, only
installers are allowed to write and modify any *.ini file.

--
Alain
   I was making love to this girl and she started crying. I said,  "Are you