POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Need anti-aliasing help Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:18:02 EDT (-0400)
  Need anti-aliasing help (Message 1 to 10 of 10)
From: George J  Wallace
Subject: Need anti-aliasing help
Date: 30 Mar 2007 18:43:36
Message: <460da0a8$1@news.povray.org>
Hi;
  This is probably the most elementary question of the month but I'm having
trouble getting rid of jaggies on CSG spheres.  I'm rendering at 1280x1024
and I've tried aa values of .1 to .9 without seeing any difference.  I'm
using a rather good 19" CRT fed by an ATI Radeon video card but I just can't
approach the fantastic results everyone else gets.  Help please.

--
George J. Wallace

Post a reply to this message

>   This is probably the most elementary question of the month but I'm having
> trouble getting rid of jaggies on CSG spheres.  I'm rendering at 1280x1024
> and I've tried aa values of .1 to .9 without seeing any difference.  I'm
> using a rather good 19" CRT fed by an ATI Radeon video card but I just can't
> approach the fantastic results everyone else gets.  Help please.

What method and depth are you using?

see 5.2.6.4  Anti-Aliasing Options
  Sampling_Method=n Sets aa-sampling method (only 1 or 2 are valid)
  Antialias_Threshold=n.n Sets anti-aliasing threshold
  Antialias_Depth=n Sets aa-depth (1 <= n <= 9)

Post a reply to this message

  Thanks for the reply.  I was just editing the resolution INI file and
wasn't aware there were other options available.  That's the problem with
being a newbie - I don't even know what I don't know.  What documentation
are you referencing?  I can't find it in either my online help file or my
reference-us.pdf file.
  Thanks...gjw

news:460### [at] joplincom...