POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Need anti-aliasing help : Re: Need anti-aliasing help Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:30:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Need anti-aliasing help
From: Alain
Date: 31 Mar 2007 15:24:06
Message: <460ec366$1@news.povray.org>
George J. Wallace nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 30-03-2007 20:43:
> Hi;
>   This is probably the most elementary question of the month but I'm having
> trouble getting rid of jaggies on CSG spheres.  I'm rendering at 1280x1024
> and I've tried aa values of .1 to .9 without seeing any difference.  I'm
> using a rather good 19" CRT fed by an ATI Radeon video card but I just can't
> approach the fantastic results everyone else gets.  Help please.

As you are doing a large render, scaling it down will greatly improve antialiasing.
The aa value is the aa thresshold. The lower, the more senditive it get, 0.9 ti
9 times "croaser" than 0.1. The "default" from the presets is 0.3.
A thing that can ruin antialiasing, is extreem contrast, like a white that is
"overexposed" meaning have an RGB value larger than 1 (something like rgb<5,5,5>
cliped to rgb<1,1,1> in the final image) next to something dark.

--
Alain

to be doing.