POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Need anti-aliasing help : Re: Need anti-aliasing help Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:24:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Need anti-aliasing help
From: Kyle
Date: 31 Mar 2007 10:53:31
Message: <rp0t03hdr9hnrr6drjarklae2e4n4iqql6@4ax.com>
On Fri, 30 Mar 2007 19:43:36 -0500, "George J. Wallace" <geo### [at] msncom>
wrote:

>Hi;
>  This is probably the most elementary question of the month but I'm having
>trouble getting rid of jaggies on CSG spheres.  I'm rendering at 1280x1024
>and I've tried aa values of .1 to .9 without seeing any difference.  I'm
>using a rather good 19" CRT fed by an ATI Radeon video card but I just can't
>approach the fantastic results everyone else gets.  Help please.

You should definitely see a difference.  Try this on your command line:

+w1280 +h1024 +a0.1 +j0.5 +am2

You should see a difference between this and no AA.  Like Stephen said, check the
messages to make
sure AA is definitely being used.

Kyle