POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Are layered textures reallly slow renderers? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:19:12 EDT (-0400)
  Are layered textures reallly slow renderers? (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Greg M  Johnson
Subject: Are layered textures reallly slow renderers?
Date: 21 Jan 2007 08:02:43
Message: <45b36473@news.povray.org>
I'm trying to duplicate a complicated floor pattern I see in a photo. It's
texture has texture_map's couple of layers deep.

I have one scene in an animation that is rendering unusually slow compared
to some of the others.  In considering the suspects I'm wondering if it's
the floor tile!

Q: do multi-layered patterned textures slow up render speed?

Any tips on how to speed it up:
        is it better stick to patterned pigments and do without "normal" in the
texture?
        are there any problems with the way in which you define a pattern--is there
a trick to defining it all in one gulp?

Post a reply to this message