POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Image Maps Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:23:26 EDT (-0400)
  Image Maps (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Basiclife
Subject: Image Maps
Date: 14 Nov 2006 18:20:00
Message: <web.455a4e6b21f939cba4c94b1b0@news.povray.org>
Ok, so I'm an idiot. i accept that (at least in regards to povray. Ask me
one on programming...)

I'm trying to do something that must be VERY simple : map an image around a
globe.

I have ye-authentic satellite image of the earth as a JPG (I can change
format if req'd) and I have a sphere with a light on it. I'm having
problems combining the 2

Having read the help file entries on textures I can now make a sphere that#s
shiny, bumpy, and varies from area to area, but I can't get a picture ON my
sphere.

Any help greatly appreciated. If possible, a code snippet would be handy but
I'm sure I can work it out if someone points me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance

Post a reply to this message