POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Piano from a beginner Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:17:59 EDT (-0400)
  Piano from a beginner (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Eul Bofo
Subject: Piano from a beginner
Date: 8 Jun 2006 19:00:01
Message: <pan.2006.06.08.22.59.05.997961@free.fr>
Hi.

I started a model of my wife's piano. I started wih kpovmodeler, and now
that the modelling is allmost finished, I'm switching to pure povray/emacs
editing.

Can you give me some advices on how I could enhance the scene and the
objects ?

My plans :
1) make round corners for the different parts of the piano
2) enhance the texture of the red tissu behind the keys (now it's just a
box, I'd like it to be more like real "feutrine" (I don't know the word in
english))
3) make a better environment, with some lamps, walls, windows...
4) add some screws to the metalic parts, and enhance the textures (use
some from povray, that I can't directly use in kpovmodeler)
... and other things I can't remember now.

Could you please take a minute to go see the first results, and give me a
few advices ?

Thanks.

\bye

http://nicolas.francois.free.fr/fichiers/povray/piano.pov