POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Piano from a beginner : Re: Piano from a beginner Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:29:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Piano from a beginner
From: Florian Brucker
Date: 9 Jun 2006 03:24:25
Message: <44892229$1@news.povray.org>
> Thanks for the tips, and the adress, Florian. I knew your image, and
> frankly speaking, this gave me the idea, but I was unable first time to
> retrieve the piano.inc file. Now it's OK, I'll look at it in a while. But
> the main point of this work is LEARN, so don't worry, I'll do my own job
> ;-)

Nice to see my work inspiring someone. I've no doubt that you'll go your
own way, though :)

> There is a new version, with more little things added : screws and other
> things. I'll finish the modelling, and start the round boxes and others
> tomorrow (it's LATE here in France :-(

That's the right way: Just keep adding details. One suggestion: It seems
your scene hasn't got a background, yet. That's why the texture of the
piano looks a bit dull (there's nothing to reflect). In those cases, I
just use a simple photo on a skysphere, that's fast, adds a lot and can
be replaced by a more detailed background afterwards.

Greetings,
Florian