POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Piano from a beginner : Re: Piano from a beginner Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:25:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Piano from a beginner
From: Florian Brucker
Date: 8 Jun 2006 19:59:04
Message: <4488b9c8$1@news.povray.org>
Looks nice already! I modelled a piano once, too, you can find a
rendered image of it at

	http://torfbold.com/index.php?main=graphics&sub=Stills

The source code can be found in the POV-Wiki, at

	http://povray.tirnalong.com/ow.asp?PianoObject

IMHO, most of a piano's beautiful look is due to it's shiny and
reflective surfaces. What I did when trying to get them right was to
round almost every edge/corner in the model (that's some nasty modelling
job, especially with the keys), play with the textures (as with every
model) and to use HDRI (available in the latest MegaPOV,
megapov.inetart.net) for the rendering.

HTH, keep us updated with your progress!
Florian