POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Parse Error? Help Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:31:19 EDT (-0400)
  Parse Error? Help (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: ParkAvenger
Subject: Parse Error? Help
Date: 25 Oct 2005 19:40:01
Message: <web.435ec15c633e908816b98e6a0@news.povray.org>
I am a new user to POV-Ray (I use Mechanisto but am a bit of a novice with
it too) . I downloaded POV and started up, and, with the help of a
tutorial, put in this really simple code:

camera {
 location <2,5,-10>
 look_at <0,0,0>
}

//now, some light
light_source {
 <0,-10,0>
 color rgb <1,1,1>
}

//the SPHERE, baby!
sphere {
 <0,0,0>, 5
 pigment {color rgb <1,0,0> }
}

So, I've put that in and I want to render. I don't know how to initialize a
render (because I'm a novice or an idiot, you decide). But that is not the
main question here. When I try to do anything beyond typing this in, such
as press the stoppy sign thing (is that the render button?), or go to
Render Benchmark, my Messages window displays the following errors...

Possible Parse Error: Could not find file 'functions.inc'

File benchmark.pov line 3
Parse Error: Cannot open include file functions.inc.

File benchmark.pov line 3
Parse Warning: Check that the file is in a directory specifed with a +L
switch or 'Library_Path=' .INI item. Standard include files are in the
include directory or folder. Please read your documentation carefully.

File benchmark.pov line 3

Meh. What the heck does all that mean..?

Post a reply to this message