POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Parse Error? Help : Re: Parse Error? Help Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:21:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Parse Error? Help
From: Slime
Date: 25 Oct 2005 20:19:34
Message: <435ecb96$1@news.povray.org>
> So, I've put that in and I want to render. I don't know how to initialize
> render (because I'm a novice or an idiot, you decide). But that is not the
> main question here. When I try to do anything beyond typing this in, such
> as press the stoppy sign thing (is that the render button?), or go to
> Render Benchmark, my Messages window displays the following errors...

Render Benchmark renders a separate scene (not the one you made) to evaluate
the performance of your computer. You don't need that option.

Instead, use Render -> Start Rendering (Go!), or just press the shortcut key
alt+g (assuming you're using Windows.)

The stop sign thingy only appears when a render is currently running (maybe
you had already started the benchmark when you noticed this button).
Normally, it should be a green circle with a guy running in it and should
say "Run;" it should do the same thing as the menu option I mentioned above.

All that said, I'm not sure why you got those errors while running the
benchmark (specifically, "Could not find file 'functions.inc'" worries me);
when your scenes get more complicated you might have some issues with your
POV-Ray installation to fix, but for now don't worry about it.

 - Slime
 [ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]