POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Parse Error? Help : Re: Parse Error? Help Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:26:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Parse Error? Help
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 26 Oct 2005 23:27:14
Message: <43604912@news.povray.org>
ParkAvenger wrote:
> Sorry--forgot to mention that all the options on the Render menu (I'm on a
> Mac, by the way) are grayed out and unselectable. That is, except for
> Benchmark Render. This, I assume, is NOT normal, seeing as I have a
> full-fleshed scene typed in. Do you think this should go to the Error
> Reports topic?
>
> Oh yeah--I've already tried reinstalling, and even re-downloading from a
> different source.

Obviously not because obviously thousands of others are using POV-Ray for
Mac and this should already tell you that the problem is on your side and
not with the official version you downloaded ;-)

Either your scene is not saved, your scene does not have a ".pov" and
rendering only files with ".pov" xtension is enabled in the preferences or
you just don't have the scene's window in front.

If you are a new users it really makes sense to follow the tutorial
documentation (via the Help menu or the online version), in particular
<http://www.povray.org/documentation/view/3.6.1/11/>

     Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich
e-mail: mac### [at] povrayorg