POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : wrapping text around a cylinder Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:15:31 EDT (-0400)
  wrapping text around a cylinder (Message 1 to 10 of 12)
From: Tobias Mueller
Subject: wrapping text around a cylinder
Date: 13 Jan 2004 17:00:03
Message: <web.4004695ec32c12c2f725740c0@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I've got simple cylinder like and want to wrap a text around it. Is there
any modifier to do this with the text object?

Regards
  Tobias

Post a reply to this message

From: Hughes, B
Subject: Re: wrapping text around a cylinder
Date: 13 Jan 2004 18:30:41
Message: <40047fa1$1@news.povray.org>
"Tobias Mueller" <pov### [at] emailtwaminfo> wrote in message

> I've got simple cylinder like and want to wrap a text around it. Is there
> any modifier to do this with the text object?

A macro already exists in the 3.5 includes for doing something almost like
that. I've modified Ron Parker's script to place text onto a cylinder
surface, a very minor change of adding a 10th parameter called L (for Label)
which just rotates the font character in a direction to lay the correct way.
I'll post it to p.t.s-f. group, since explaining how to make the change and
use it might not be completely understandable if I don't show all the pov
script itself, and maybe other people will find it useful too. Look for
subject line "modified circle text macro". And hopefully I won't be stepping
on any toes by posting an already included macro, albeit changed slightly.

Bob H.

Post a reply to this message