POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : wrapping text around a cylinder : Re: wrapping text around a cylinder Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:21:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: wrapping text around a cylinder
From: Hughes, B
Date: 14 Jan 2004 18:53:32
Message: <4005d67c@news.povray.org>
"Christopher James Huff" <cja### [at] earthlinknet> wrote in message
news:cja### [at] netplexaussieorg...

> > Changing the macro name hadn't occured to me since it does what the
original
> > did, still circling, so seems to fit.
>
> Right, but it has an extra parameter, right? Scenes using the old
> version won't work with it. Calling it Circle_Text2() would avoid that.

Oops! Right you are. Hadn't thought of that, and just this minute I reposted
it with fixes I found while checking it out more thoroughly. Text wasn't
aligning to a cylinder surface which would be the same as the radius
parameter. With any luck it's corrected now. Except it doesn't have anything
included which ABX or Warp suggested.  ;-)

Hmm, the more I think about it... the name Label_Text might make the most
sense. Even the original macro makes what could be used as decals, as kind
of label too. I'll go back to p.t.s-f. and suggest that.

Bob H.