POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : wrapping text around a cylinder : Re: wrapping text around a cylinder Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:25:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: wrapping text around a cylinder
From: Hughes, B
Date: 14 Jan 2004 06:26:15
Message: <40052757$1@news.povray.org>

http://news.povray.org/247p7u4r22rvpnn2pdfbv0snph8fevv5j3%404ax.com
> and follow links included there.

I couldn't get the font used, and for some reason the PNG image is missing
too.

That uses max_extent to keep the characters spaced properly? That's the
idea? Looked like a good plan.

No one responded to your message at the time, and I can't remember much of
this sort of thing except for many various discussions about font behaviors
in general. Any chance something changed in 3.5 which fixed kerning issues?
Because I know I have a test scene which had problems with missing pieces of
text (someone had posted about) early on and now renders okay.

I'm trying your kerning macro with arial.ttf and I am not seeing a marked
difference between using it and not using it. So I'm guessing it matters
more for misbehaved fonts?

Bob H.