POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : isosurface in mirror Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:29:48 EDT (-0400)
  isosurface in mirror (Message 1 to 10 of 33)
From: marabou
Subject: isosurface in mirror
Date: 10 Oct 2006 08:21:32
Message: <20061010142058.4e43a12b.not@available.yet>
hello,

currently I render a scene with an isosurface and a mirror showing that isosurface.
isosurface is created like:
difference{
	object { isosurface1_containedby_box }
	object {
		isosurface2_containedby_box
		translate y*-value
	}
	rotate x*90
}
the result is a nearly planar surface.
the mirror has reflection 0.8.

but now backside of isosurface is invisible in mirror.
I heared about keyword <<hollow>>.
does it come in play here? if yes, where do I have to place it? what else can I do?

thanks in advance

Post a reply to this message