POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.news-submissions : pov2mesh 0.5 Server Time
23 Apr 2024 12:19:26 EDT (-0400)
  pov2mesh 0.5 (Message 1 to 10 of 11)
From: Paul Senzee
Subject: pov2mesh 0.5
Date: 8 Jan 2006 13:35:16
Message: <43c15b64@news.povray.org>
pov2mesh is a command line utility for Windows that accepts a POV-Ray .pov
file as input and produces a Maya .obj file as output.  While pov2mesh does
not yet understand the full range of .pov syntax, it is nevertheless a
valuable tool in its own right.

At present, pov2mesh accepts a subset of the POV-Ray scene description
language, executes the CSG operations specified in the .pov file and
tessellates the resulting shapes to produce an .obj polygon mesh file.  As
new versions are released, pov2mesh's support for the POV-Ray language will
increase accordingly.

http://www.geocities.com/psenzee/pov2mesh/

Post a reply to this message

> pov2mesh is a command line utility for Windows that accepts a POV-Ray .pov
> file as input and produces a Maya .obj file as output.  While pov2mesh does
> not yet understand the full range of .pov syntax, it is nevertheless a
> valuable tool in its own right.

Why Windows only?

Interesting tool but i wonder if you don't agree with the FAQ excerpt
you put on top of the page or if you are simply trying to do the
impossible... ;-)

Christoph

http://www.imagico.de/ (Last updated 31 Oct. 2005)