POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.msdos : Does ANYBODY still use POV-MSDOS Server Time
18 Mar 2024 23:05:23 EDT (-0400)
  Does ANYBODY still use POV-MSDOS (Message 1 to 10 of 10)
From: Sam Van Oort
Subject: Does ANYBODY still use POV-MSDOS
Date: 19 Apr 2002 14:52:28
Message: <3cc0676c$1@news.povray.org>
I looked at the list of posts... none in the last 2 yrs.  Are MS-DOS
versions obselete?  I still occasionally run long renders on a laptop w/out
cd drive, and I find the windows versions are too big to transport by
floppy.  Will the next version still be compiled for Dos?

Post a reply to this message

> I looked at the list of posts... none in the last 2 yrs.  Are MS-DOS
> versions obselete?  I still occasionally run long renders on a laptop w/out
> cd drive, and I find the windows versions are too big to transport by
> floppy.  Will the next version still be compiled for Dos?

Mmmmm, VMWare.

I use it, but rarely.  I am not a...  "serious"(?) enough raytracer to do
huge renders, or things that must be kept running for days, or whathaveyou,
but it's nice to know that it's there.

I hope 3.5 comes out for MSDOS, but won't be heartbroken if it doesn't.

Deaken

Post a reply to this message

> I looked at the list of posts... none in the last 2 yrs.  Are MS-DOS
> versions obselete?  I still occasionally run long renders on a laptop w/out
> cd drive, and I find the windows versions are too big to transport by
> floppy.  Will the next version still be compiled for Dos?

I use it at work because the evil administrators won't let me install POV
for Windows :(

--
dan
http://hometown.aol.com/goofygrafx

Post a reply to this message

> I use it at work because the evil administrators won't let me install POV
> for Windows :(

I fixed the problem by taking the "evil administarators" out to the local
strip club for free drinks and entertainment. POV-Ray for Windows was
installed the next day and I haven't heard a peep out of them since :)

--
Ken Tyler

Post a reply to this message

> I fixed the problem by taking the "evil administarators" out to the local
> strip club for free drinks and entertainment. POV-Ray for Windows was
> installed the next day and I haven't heard a peep out of them since :)

See, that's the problem with evil administrators - you have to make evil
deals to get things done and frankly, I'm just not that evil... yet...

I've got time... ;)

--
dan
http://hometown.aol.com/goofygrafx

Post a reply to this message

> I looked at the list of posts... none in the last 2 yrs.  Are MS-DOS
> versions obselete?  I still occasionally run long renders on a laptop w/out
> cd drive, and I find the windows versions are too big to transport by
> floppy.  Will the next version still be compiled for Dos?

I use FreeDOS. http://www.freedos.org/  It works well. That and the new
povray 3.5. =)

Post a reply to this message