POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.msdos : Does ANYBODY still use POV-MSDOS : Re: Does ANYBODY still use POV-MSDOS Server Time
6 May 2024 08:51:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Does ANYBODY still use POV-MSDOS
From: Rohan Bernett
Date: 2 Sep 2002 22:05:04
Message: <web.3d7417a72d3b68c4d02c7b870@news.povray.org>
Alf Peake wrote:
>Well, I defected to Windoze this year because I wanted to play with
>3.5 and now think I'll stay. But I would still use a DOS version of
>3.5 if it became available.

If you have a c (or is it c++?) compiler, you could download the generic
source code and compile it yourself. Of course, you'd need to know how to
use it, and you might need to make some changes to the source code to get
it to work.

If I can figure it out, I might try and compile it using djgpp under DOS,
and maybe Linux, IF I ever get a bigger hard drive for the P/200 so I can
install Linux. In the meantime, I guess I'll have to make do with the
Windows verion on the P3/500. Could be useful if I have to render a really
slow scene (and some of my animations are getting rather slow, recent one
took 5.5 hours to render 520 frames at 320*240).

Rohan _e_ii