POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : thanks Server Time
1 Jul 2024 05:02:44 EDT (-0400)
  thanks (Message 1 to 10 of 11)
From: Alberto
Subject: thanks
Date: 31 Jul 1999 13:46:24
Message: <37A336E8.2BFDB611@ma.usb.ve>
Thorsten Froehlich wrote

>... A fixed version will be posted on mac.povray.org
>within a few hours...

I didn't expect such a fast response. I thought any response would come
on Monday or so.

Again, thank you.

Alberto.

Post a reply to this message

From: Thorsten Froehlich
Subject: Re: thanks
Date: 31 Jul 1999 14:34:11
Message: <37a341a3@news.povray.org>
In article <37A336E8.2BFDB611@ma.usb.ve> , Alberto <ame### [at] mausbve>
wrote:
> I didn't expect such a fast response. I thought any response would come
> on Monday or so.

Well, we planned to make a Mac 3.1g.r1 anyway, just not right now, but as
the only thing we still had to do was to pack it, so it was no problem to
react that fast also we did not expect this bug :-(

I have uploaded a fixed 3.1g.r1 PPC update archive. You can already get it
by direct access to:

<http://mac.povray.org/archives/povpmac_update.hqx>

There is also a new feature in the PPC version which will speed up rendering
significantly. It hasn't been documented yet, but don't worry about that.
The only other difference between 3.1g and 3.1g.r1 will be that your
application preferences will be lost and you have to set them again - sorry.
And the beta timeout bug is fixed, of course :-)

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich
e-mail: mac### [at] povrayorg

I am a member of the POV-Ray Team.