POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : thanks : Re: thanks Server Time
3 Jul 2024 04:36:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: thanks
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 31 Jul 1999 17:03:02
Message: <37a36486@news.povray.org>
In article <37A### [at] compuservecom> , Chris Huff
<Chr### [at] compuservecom>  wrote:

> :-(
> That means I will have to read about all these improvements, and won't
> be able to use them. What is this speed improvement feature?

It is a kind of "cache" when allocating lots of small blocks of memory
(which POV-Ray does very often). Try it and you will see the difference with
almost any scene. Try for example pyramid2.pov from the macro examples that
come with POV-Ray, and look especially at the parsing time. Renbdering is
fast also, but this example shows the improvement very drastically.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde