POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : The question about of projected through option Server Time
29 Mar 2024 03:23:39 EDT (-0400)
  The question about of projected through option (Message 1 to 10 of 22)
From: Masaki
Subject: The question about of projected through option
Date: 15 Dec 2017 07:30:01
Message: <web.5a33bfe58bbfd557bde21ec0@news.povray.org>
There are two things I want you to ask for a favor.

I want to make the light source, which is positioned randomly between y=0~1 and
emits the light at the specific angle, 45 degrees. The light beam forms the
conical surface.
(Q1) Can I make this light source ?

I conceive that if the light through the torus (or the disk) is only rendering,
the above requirement can meet. So, I write the source code as follows, but the
pov-ray dose not work properly. It seems to be wrong with the "projected
through" option.
(Q2) What is wrong in my source code and how to  revise it ?

The pov-ray version is 3.7.

source code:
#include "colors.inc"
#include "textures.inc"