POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : recovering from a power outage Server Time
20 Apr 2024 09:49:02 EDT (-0400)
  recovering from a power outage (Message 1 to 10 of 17)
From: peyrol
Subject: recovering from a power outage
Date: 1 Jun 2017 02:40:00
Message: <web.592fb4dee1c99fdaa705d4cc0@news.povray.org>
I could not find a command line switch for, nor any mention of, periodically
saving the image to a file while rendering it. Is this done automatically? I'm
not talking about animation. I'm talking about rendering a single very high
resolution image.

I see how to initiate a controlled abort, and how to resume where you left off
later. What I'm not sure about is how to resume from a power outage, which would
effectively be an uncontrolled abort. If POVray provides no way to periodically
and automatically save what has been rendered so far to a file, that does not
bode well. Please tell me I am wrong about this. Thanks for any clue.

Post a reply to this message