POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : recovering from a power outage : Re: recovering from a power outage Server Time
20 Apr 2024 09:04:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: recovering from a power outage
From: Alain
Date: 3 Jun 2017 22:55:33
Message: <593376a5$1@news.povray.org>
Le 17-06-01 à 02:34, peyrol a écrit :
> I could not find a command line switch for, nor any mention of, periodically
> saving the image to a file while rendering it. Is this done automatically? I'm
> not talking about animation. I'm talking about rendering a single very high
> resolution image.
>
> I see how to initiate a controlled abort, and how to resume where you left off
> later. What I'm not sure about is how to resume from a power outage, which would
> effectively be an uncontrolled abort. If POVray provides no way to periodically
> and automatically save what has been rendered so far to a file, that does not
> bode well. Please tell me I am wrong about this. Thanks for any clue.

Unless you disabled the .povstate file, then, you are covered.
Using +c on the command line will always resume your render, no mather
how it was interupted. At most, you'll loose the last render block that
the was worked upon.
If you are rendering a photon using scene and you choose to save the
photons to a file, they are saved before the first render block is even
started. So, you can load them back, saving you the time required to
shoot them.