POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : recovering from a power outage : Re: recovering from a power outage Server Time
3 May 2024 16:52:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: recovering from a power outage
From: Stephen
Date: 1 Jun 2017 04:47:41
Message: <592fd4ad@news.povray.org>
On 6/1/2017 8:30 AM, Mr wrote:
> and not be deleted until image is
> fully rendered, (or the whole animation?). that way, if you turn off your
> computer and start rendering again from empty pov editor with "+C" the scene
> will just go on rendering.
>
> Am I correct so far guys?

On all of the Windoze machines I've had. The state file is not always
deleted.

> About what you ask that is, saving pixels progressively, I for one would be
> interested to know whether it's possible because that's one of the defaults of
> Blender/POV-Ray integration: since I don't know where pixels are, when we
> interrupt a render, the image simply disappears from editors while with other
> renderers in Blender, you get to keep what has been rendered so far, so you can
> still use it e.g. to patch another image or just compare. I also believe the
> real time rendering process could more easily be made available to Blender
> editor with this feature.

I believe you can do this. Bishop3D has a debug render screen (Ctrl +
Shift + Alt + F9) that displays the image as PovRay renders it. I think
that this is done via a GUI Extension. Moray used its own GUI Extension
to start PovRay.

Detail from pvengine.ini .

[GUIExtensions]
UseExtensions=1
ExtDLL16=C:\Program Files (x86)\Bishop3D\Bishop3DPovComm.dll

--

Regards
     Stephen