POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Cannot get scene bright enough Server Time
28 Apr 2024 14:33:35 EDT (-0400)
  Cannot get scene bright enough (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: Dicko
Subject: Cannot get scene bright enough
Date: 23 Feb 2016 04:25:01
Message: <web.56cc22d1f8726f01a6a5f510@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I have a hard time getting a brighter result. What I've achieved so far:
http://blackbox.diitstudio.com/download/result.png

I use radiosity without conventional lights, and use sky_sphere:
sky_sphere {pigment {color rgb <3.16, 3.56, 4>}}

I don't want (direct) sunlight and want to leave the radiosity parameter
brightness at 1 if possible.

For most objects I use a "flat" finish:
finish {diffuse 0.6 phong 0}

Is the dark image a result of not using a light source? Or am I forgetting to
set something in the finish/texture?
Even adding an ambient value of 0.5 to the finish doesn't make it any brighter.

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,
Dick

Post a reply to this message