POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : large city models in povray Server Time
15 May 2024 15:54:54 EDT (-0400)
  large city models in povray (Message 1 to 10 of 13)
From: christian
Subject: large city models in povray
Date: 18 Nov 2015 17:45:01
Message: <web.564c88fa77681a2fc45346000@news.povray.org>
Hello

I'm new here and in using povray.

I will use povray to render scenes from a large city model. Each object of the
city model is a single wavefront obj-file. There are about 4'500 objects. The
objects are mapped with an image.
I wrote a python-script to convert the files into pov-scenes. Each object in a
single include-file. In the scene-file i include all of this files. When i will
render the scene (just a small section in the camera definition) i have a
problem with the memory, while povray is parsing the scene. It works when i
leave out the image mapping. The Objects are then the just "grey".

Can anybody give me a tip, how i can solve this problem? Is it possible to say
povray, that it should just parse the section in the cameraview?

Thanky you for your help.

Best regards, christian

Post a reply to this message