POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : large city models in povray : Re: large city models in povray Server Time
3 Jul 2024 03:14:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: large city models in povray
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 19 Nov 2015 03:47:28
Message: <564d8ca0@news.povray.org>
On 18-11-2015 15:19, christian wrote:
> Can anybody give me a tip, how i can solve this problem? Is it possible to say
> povray, that it should just parse the section in the cameraview?

The quick answer is yes. ;-)

There is indeed a possibility to only render what is shown by the
camera. For this you need to test if a given object is visible within
the camera view field. Gilles Tran developed a macro which allows you to
do this.

Play with the attached scene file. The objects are tested against a
'screen'. I purposefully left this screen smaller than the camera view
so that you can play and learn to use it.

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: