POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : large city models in povray : Re: large city models in povray Server Time
3 Jul 2024 04:03:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: large city models in povray
From: Stephen
Date: 19 Nov 2015 01:53:34
Message: <564d71ee$1@news.povray.org>
On 11/18/2015 2:19 PM, christian wrote:
> Can anybody give me a tip, how i can solve this problem? Is it possible to say
> povray, that it should just parse the section in the cameraview?

I think that the quick answer is no.
The long answer is it is possible to do it yourself.
A few years ago there was a post of a fly through over a forest. The
trees were billboards (Image map on a box, with transparency) and they
were pre-computed to load when they were in view.
It can be done but it involves more work. :-)

--

Regards
     Stephen