POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Maximum Resolution of Renders? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:27:13 EDT (-0400)
  Maximum Resolution of Renders? (Message 11 to 20 of 26)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 6 Messages >>>
From: Le Forgeron
Subject: Re: Maximum Resolution of Renders?
Date: 30 Sep 2010 13:39:31
Message: <4ca4cb53@news.povray.org>
Le 30/09/2010 09:42, Chris Cason nous fit lire :
> On 30/09/2010 03:41, Le_Forgeron wrote:
>> I'm on something : a.resize(-1) in previous code (previous message) lead to:
>>
>> terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::length_error'
>>   what():  vector::_M_fill_insert
>> Abandon (core dumped)
>>

>> Looks like vector does not like negative resize (due to promoting int(32
>> bits) to size_t after computation)
>
> Thanks for tracking this down - please feel free to raise a bug on it.

Your wish is my command, even if I prefer to see the bugs getting closed
than opened. (hint: #64 might get some progress)

I just took time to reduce the original size to still produce the bug
and yet keep it in memory (swap is crawling).

It won't be for the faint hearted: a 30500 x 30500 does still produces
the bug, but you'd better have 24 GB of true ram to test it.

Post a reply to this message

On 09/30/2010 06:44 PM, Chris Cason wrote:
> On 1/10/2010 02:25, tth wrote:
>> Did you mean that POVray keep the full generated picture in memory
>> when rendering it ?
>
> Generally, yes.

    This was not the case for 3.6.1 ?

Post a reply to this message