POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Maximum Resolution of Renders? : Re: Maximum Resolution of Renders? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:16:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Maximum Resolution of Renders?
From: fillibar
Date: 5 Oct 2010 08:45:24
Message: <web.4cab1d75965f1659a3fcf12a0@news.povray.org>
> Might I ask on what display are you using a 41000 x 41000 picture ?
> It took more than a 4m x 3m advertisement poster with the fine details
> of handheld publication (10 pixels/mm).

The image is a very small galaxy of the following dimensions,
~41,000x41,000x10,000ly. Our current star grouping has ~12M coordinates (stars
only) which are being placed as single unit (1ly) white spheres. I am mainly
trying to generate the image for a top view. While I am normally rendering it at
a max of 12800x10240 (which takes ~10hrs to finish rendering) the even larger
image was desired so we could break down the exact locations better and allow
extreme zooming to a specific coordinate (or at least the 2D representation of
it).

So basically it was an idea to get a ~1ly:1pixel representation of the galaxy in
the image.