POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Maximum Resolution of Renders? : Re: Maximum Resolution of Renders? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:23:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Maximum Resolution of Renders?
From: Simone
Date: 4 Oct 2010 15:10:01
Message: <web.4caa25d7965f165989be856b0@news.povray.org>
tth <tth### [at] noneinvalid> wrote:
> On 09/30/2010 06:44 PM, Chris Cason wrote:
> > On 1/10/2010 02:25, tth wrote:
> >> Did you mean that POVray keep the full generated picture in memory
> >> when rendering it ?
> >
> > Generally, yes.
>
>     This was not the case for 3.6.1 ?

I still use 3.6.1 and I tried it with 41000x41000 pixels. I used: +fn
display=off  in the command line and it seems to be rendering OK, the image is
written right away on the hard disk.
I have quite an old computer with only 2 GB of RAM. I haven't had the patience
to wait until this test image was finished though, but I didn't get any error
messages or whatever, so I guess it works fine.

I don't know about version 3.7, is it not possible to switch of the display
anymore in that version?

Best wishes,

Simone