POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POVRay<-->Moray help request Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:21:25 EDT (-0400)
  POVRay<-->Moray help request (Message 1 to 10 of 21)
From: Robert Baer
Subject: POVRay<-->Moray help request
Date: 4 Feb 2010 04:05:01
Message: <web.4b6a8cfe97bed0586d1b6f2b0@news.povray.org>
I had the mistaken impression that Moray and POV Ray would work together in
some half-way reasonable manner.
  I have Moray 3.5 and POVRay 3.62 and am getting nowhere.
  I start with a rectangular box in Moray and click "render" and after about a
30 second delay, POV Ray comes up (message screen with credits), and then in
Moray get the error box "Cannot start POV-Ray. Please start POV Ray manually and
try again.".
  In Moray i changed the path to point directly to the POV engine folder. No
joy.
  Manual restart of POV Ray makes zero difference.
**
  It would also be nice to export (whatever that is supposed to mean in reality)
what i do in Moray to work in POV Ray and vice-versa.
  OR..
  Have them work together (whatever that is supposed to mean in reality) so i
can use Moray as a tool to learn how to program POV Ray for weird things like
where to place the camera (location, lookat, angle) for decent visual results.
**
  Thanks.

Post a reply to this message

>   I had the mistaken impression that Moray and POV Ray would work together in
> some half-way reasonable manner.

Moray 3.5 you will need to use PovRay 3.5.

--

Best Regards,
	Stephen

Post a reply to this message